Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Low Carb Pizza Recipe!

Yep, you heard me right.  Low Carb Pizza!  And no, this is not a mushroom cap pizza.  Who wants a slimy crust?  Yuck!  This pizza has an actual crust.  It's a thin crust pizza, which is my favorite!  It turned out great!  This was my second time making it and this time I made a couple of modifications.

I got the recipe from this website http://accidentalmommies.com/delicious-no-carb-pizza-recipe/ .  They claim it is NO CARB, but that's not the case.  I calculated it and it has a few, but still very, very low carb. 

I wasn't feeling real "meaty" today, so I made a vegetarian pizza with spinach as my only topping.  But, if you really want to bulk it up, use as much meat as you like!  Adding meat will increase the calories but it won't add carbs, so load up!  Here's the outcome...



So, here's the recipe :)

Low Carb Pizza - Serves 6

Ingredients:

For the crust:For the pizza:
  • 1 (8 oz.) package of full fat cream cheese (room temp.)
  • 2 eggs
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • Garlic powder (I used about a teaspoon.)
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup jarred no added sugar marinara sauce (I couldn't find any so I just used plain old canned tomato sauce.)
  • A pinch of cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1&1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or whatever cheese you have on hand- I used sharp cheddar today.)
  • Cooked meat and veggies of choice (Pepperoni, ground beef, spinach, mushrooms, etc.)- I just used spinach for this one.
  • Garlic powder- whatever desired amount you want to use

Directions:

For the crust:For the pizza:
  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Butter or spray a 9×13 baking dish
  • Blend cream cheese, eggs, pepper & garlic powder until well mixed
  • Add parmesan cheese and stir until combined
  • Pour into buttered baking dish
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown (This is SO IMPORTANT- make sure the crust is golden brown.  If you don't, the crust will turn out too soft.  The original recipe said to bake it for 17 min, but that was just not enough.)
  • Let crust cool for 15 minutes before adding toppings (Again, this is important also to avoid a soggy crust!)
  • After crust is cooked, raise oven to 400 degrees
  • Mix together marinara sauce, garlic powder, cayenne pepper & oregano
  • Top crust with marinara and spread evenly
  • Top with cheese
  • Add toppings
  • Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly




Cut into 6 even slices and enjoy!  Each slice (of my recipe) has 233 calories, 4g carbs, 20g fat, 10g protein, 1g fiber.  So 3 net carbs per slice.  Hope you enjoy this :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. Would you mind sharing in the Getting Healthy group?

    ReplyDelete