Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fitness Goals!

Before I get to the intended post, I'll fill you in on what has been going on the past few days.  A few days ago, I had an allergic reaction to some medication I was on.  I broke out in a rash so I stopped taking it, but not before my throat started closing up and we had to take a trip to the ER.  Luckily, they were able to stop the swelling in my throat.  It was a quite a scary experience!  I am currently on steroids and will stay on them a few more days to make sure I have no more reactions.  So, I don't look to be dropping any weight until those get out of my system.  What can you do? 

So, that's what has been going on with me.

Now, let's talk fitness!  I am currently doing the Couch to 5k program.  This program is designed to get you off of the couch and running a 5k in 9 weeks (although it's taking me longer).  I completed this program a few years ago and loved it!  I ran my first (and only) 5k shortly after completing it.  I am on week 4 of the program and I'm really excited about running again!  Here's the link for the program- http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Sadly, this is probably a pretty accurate visual of how I look when running.  But, I don't care!  I love running and I feel awesome while doing it, no matter how I look :)



My point is, find something you love to do and just do it!  (The Nike slogan never gets old.)  Whether it's dancing, swimming, kickboxing, running, biking, hiking....embrace it and use it to your advantage.  My husband likes to hike, so we have been going on some hikes together.  It's great exercise and it's a nice way for us to spend some time together.  Having a fitness partner is a big advantage.  Not only does it provide good company, it provides accountability. 

So, what's your fitness routine and goals?  Feel free to comment and let me know what works for you.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment