Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Thrifty Fun!

Today, I thought I'd post a couple of my thrifty finds and makeovers. 

I love to go "junkin" and looking for cool items I can get my hands on and recreate.  My husband and I went junkin a while back and I came across a formal chair that I just couldn't pass up.  I only paid $20 for it!  The back of the chair is a tad crooked, but I think my hubby can probably fix it....we'll see.  Still, I could live with it.  I may end up re-upholstering it later, but for now I will keep it as is.

                                Not too bad for $20, right?


This next little project is a lamp redo.  We got 2 old lamps from my husband's grandmother, so the lamps did not cost me anything.  Right when I saw them, I knew I wanted to get my hands on them.  Kevin (my husband), thought I was crazy at first! 


This is the "before" picture.  I am sorry for the picture.  It's kind of hard to see the lamp with all the trees and straw in the background but I forgot to take a picture before we headed to the woods to paint it.  As you can tell, it's old, dingy, rusty, and just plain out-dated. 



                                       This is the "after" with the lamp off.


                                       After, with the lamp on.

I used a spray paint called Blue Ocean Breeze.  It's kind of aqua-ish.  I got the lamp shades from Lowe's for about $12 each.  So I ended up with 2 "new" lamps for only about $14 each.  I am pretty pleased with the way they turned out.



And voila....the finished look.  Crafty- I can do.  Photography- not so much.  Sorry for the terrible picture quality.  I will work on it :)


I just started working on another thrifty project that I am really excited about!  It costs next to nothing and I think will look like a very high end piece when I'm done.  So, stay tuned for this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment