Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The dreaded first post...

So, I have been dreading making this post.  Why, you ask?  Well, I don't know.  I guess the first post seems more important than the rest.  It sets the tone for the entire blog and it gives people a first impression about me.  Kinda freaks me out a little.  Will I be interesting enough?  Will people like me?  Will I be good enough?  Basically, that's all the questions that have haunted me my entire life.  But the more I think about it, the more I realize that the first post is just an introduction for what is to come.  Nothing more, nothing less.

So, here it goes. 

I have two reasons for starting this blog.  Most importantly, I want to share my weight loss journey.  It's been a roller coaster to say the least.  For the past 5 years, I have been up and down, up and down again, and up and down some more.  Quite frankly, I'm a little dizzy.  I am hoping that by starting this blog I will have some accountability and some motivation!  It's time.  Right now, I am about 50 lbs down from my highest weight.  I still have a LONG way to go.  I will be sharing my weight loss goals, my struggles, my victories, my recipes, my tips and techniques, and my soul.  I am ready.  I am willing. I will succeed. 

Secondly, I love all things crafty.  I have a passion for taking something old, something that someone else thinks is trash, something others may think is hideous and making it into something new and awesome!  You'd be surprised at what just a coat of paint can do!  So, I will also be sharing some of my crafty projects with you.   I am about to start working on something that I think is really cool, so be on the lookout for that! 

I am a wife, a stay at home mom, and a learning coach to my son.  To say I am blessed would be such an understatement.  I will be writing more about them in future posts.  For today, I will keep it short.

Please feel free to comment, ask questions, suggest topics, and subscribe!  I would love to hear from you.  So, until next time...   

No comments:

Post a Comment