Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, New Me

Happy New Year, folks!  I hope you all had a fun time ringing in the new year.  Yes, it's just another year.  Just like all the other years before.  But, I have a feeling that 2014 is going to be one of my best years yet. 

I don't know what it is about a new year.  It inspires us to make changes.  To challenge ourselves in new ways.  It ignites new hope.  Until this year, New Year's Day has always been just like any other day.  This year is different, though.  I'm not exactly sure I can pinpoint a certain reason why this is.  It just is.  Maybe it's because I've been physically ill for the better part of the last few months of 2013.  Maybe it's because I'm tired of having to take 5 different medications each day.  Maybe it's because I'm sick of wallowing in my self despise.  It could be any of those things.  All I know is...I'm ready for change. Something new has clicked inside of me.  Something I haven't felt in a very long time.   I. want. change.  And I want to work for it!

I was thinking the other day.  You know how sometimes you get into a deep thought, almost daydream-like, and you REALLY think?  Well, I was thinking about how much my son looks up to me.  He adores me and I him.  He wants to be just like me (and my husband).  We are his heroes.  And what kind of example are we setting for him?  Well, not a good one.  My husband and I have both been rather unhealthy this past year.  We both need to change and show our son that it's important to take care of yourself. 

So, it's time.  Time to stop the excuses.  Time to put in the effort.  Time to start believing in myself again.  And time to forget all the reasons why it won't work and believe the one reason why it will.  Because I'm worth it. 

Simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment