Thursday, January 23, 2014

Progress

So, I've made some progress since Jan. 1st.  Here are a few things that I've done.

- I haven't had soda at all.  And I really don't miss it.  Not even a little bit.

- Drinking more water.  It's pretty much all I drink now except for the occasional sweet tea. 

- I've been getting some exercising in.  Now...I haven't been training for a 5K or marathon, but I've been moving (which is a great change from doing nothing!).  My son and I have been doing some activities together and I've really enjoyed it. 

- I've been eating better.  Have I been perfect?  Not at all.  But, I'm doing better.  As far as a typical week goes, I've been eating really good on more days than not.  So, I'd say 4 days of the week I'm spot on.  I've also been eating smaller portions, especially on days when my eating isn't spot on. 

- I've been getting a little more sleep.  It's still not where it should be but at least it's a little better.  Getting to sleep around 1-2 am instead of 4am is progress.

- I've lost about 5 lbs.  5 lbs. isn't huge, but it's 5 lbs. and I'll take it! 



This is my new motto!  The whole point of my new outlook on getting healthy is about making small changes.  Over time it will lead to big changes and that's what I need.....to slowly change my habits so it doesn't feel like I have to be perfect all the time.  That's the hardest part of this journey for me.  I struggle with an "All or Nothing" mentality.  I've struggled with it all my life.  I can't seem to change that mentality.  I've tried time and time again.  The only way I know how to explain it is....it's like a switch goes on/off in my brain.  I start out strong, perfect usually, and the first time I mess up....*switch* everything turns off.  So this time, I'm not starting off perfect....just a little better than I was before.

So, I want to continue working on the things I listed above and start working on some new things. Like....

- Cutting back on sweets.

- Snacking less often after dinner.  (This is a big one!)

- Eating a good breakfast.  This is another biggie.  I hate eating breakfast.  Coffee is enough for me but I know breakfast is the most important meal and I should be eating to rev up my metabolism. 

So, this is my progress.  Whether anyone else thinks it's great or small, it's progress and I'm proud of myself.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment