Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Resolutions?

First off, I hope you all had a very merry Christmas! 

I've been sick for the better part of a couple of months....hence all the silence.  It's been one thing after another.  First, Bronchitis, which took almost a month to get over.  Sinus issues here and there.  Then, a bad cold.  Fortunately, I felt pretty good on Christmas Day and I got to celebrate with all my family.  Still not complete well, but much better. 

No Candy November went very well.  I surprised myself at how well I stuck to it.  On December 1, I had some dark chocolate.  It was heavenly! 

So, now we are coming up on another new year.  Where does the time go?!  It seems to go faster and faster.  Anyway, I've never been much on New Year's resolutions.  I used to do it when I was younger, but let's face it....we usually just end up disappointing ourselves.  So, I figured "What's the point?". 

It's been 10 or more years since I've made any New Year's Resolutions but I think I'm going to give it another try.  It can't hurt, right?

I was thinking of what my resolutions should be and it occurred to me that I need to work on all aspects of my life.  Not just the usual stuff like eating healthy, working out, etc.  Although those are very important, I need some inward work, too.  My spiritual life has been lacking lately.  I've let the busyness of everyday life take over and I need a change.  So my goal is to have a well rounded resolution list.

 Most of you have heard me say before that I'm a bit of a perfectionist.  Actually I've labeled myself as a "procrastinating perfectionist".  I'm not sure if that's a real thing or not, but it sums me up pretty well.  I often put things off.  But, when I make up my mind and decide to do something, I usually put everything I have into it....which can be a blessing and a curse.

I haven't finished my list yet.  (I've procrastinated....big surprise.)  But, if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right!  I hope to finish it today.

Are you making New Year's Resolutions?  If so, what are they?

I hope you all have a happy New Year!  Have fun and be safe :)

Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment