Friday, September 27, 2013

C25K (Week 1 Day 3)

Well, I finished the first week!  Yippee! 

I've decided to repeat week 1.  I just don't feel ready to move to week 2 yet.  I've been doing strength training on my off days.  The strength training is going well, but I feel a little overwhelmed (or at least my body does).  I'm going to repeat week 1 and continue doing the strength training on my non-C25K days.  Fingers crossed that next week I'll be able to move on to week 2!

I'm very proud of myself.  Most days I felt way too tired to do it, but I did it anyway.  I stuck to my plan and, for that, I commend myself.

I'm hoping I can work a new pair of running shoes into the budget this weekend.  I desperately need them.  My feet have been killing me! 

Here's what I did for strength training yesterday:

For arms: 
Bicep curl/Shoulder press combo- 3 sets of 15 (10 lb. weights)
Tricep extensions- 3 sets of 15 (10 lb. weights)

For legs:
Squats- 45
Sumo squat holds- 3 for 30 seconds each
One legged calf raises- 45 for each leg

The sumo squat holds did a number on me.  I am SO FREAKING SORE!


Today I did Week 1 Day 3 of C25K.  I am super glad it's over for the week.  I struggled today.

Tomorrow I will do more arm and leg strength training and Sunday I will rest.  Aaahh, rest sounds good....

I probably won't update on each workout next week since it's a repeat.  I'll just update at the end of the week :)

Have a great weekend, y'all!  Until next time....




No comments:

Post a Comment