Wednesday, September 25, 2013

C25K (Week 1 Day 2)

Today was tough, but it's done. I'll go into that a little more in a minute.

Yesterday I did a little strength training.  Nothing hardcore, but I was sore today so I guess it was hard enough.  For my legs, I did 12 lunges (these bothered my knee, so I didn't stay on them for long), 25 squats, 3 wall sits (I didn't time myself, but if I had to guess I'd say maybe 30 sec. each time), one legged calf lifts (3 sets of 15 on each leg).  For my arms, I did curls, shoulder presses, and tricep extensions (3 sets of 15 on each exercise with 10 lb weights). 

I was feeling it today.  I didn't sleep well last night and I have a headache today.  Nothing too horrible, but just enough to make me feel a little sick to my stomach.  I was so close to putting my workout off until tomorrow, but I didn't. 

Today's workout seemed 3 times harder than Monday's.  I'm sure the soreness and the headache played a big part in that.  I felt like I was going to collapse when I finished.  It felt like there were tiny pulses of electricity quickly dispersing all over my legs for about 5-10 minutes after finishing my workout.  It didn't hurt or anything, just feels strange.  This has happened before but I have no idea what causes it.  As long as it doesn't hurt and goes away, I figure it's okay.  My gosh, I'm so tired right now but I'm glad I decided to go ahead and stay on plan. 

Today's C25K workout was exactly the same as Monday.

My plan is to do the C25K three days a week (M, W, F).  I'll do strength training three days a week, also (T, TH, SA).  Sundays will be an off day.  Ooh, that sounds nice!

My mood is a little off today, so sorry if this post is boring.  I'm having to tell my fingers to type because I'm so tired.

Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment