Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summer Craftiness



Summer is here!  Although I hate the summer heat, the gnats, and mosquitoes, I love having the summer off.  It gives me more time to craft, paint, and be creative.  I don't have much time for that during the school year, so it's nice. 

I just finished making a wreath for my front door.  I've been wanting to spruce up our "front porch" area for a while now.  I say "front porch" like this because it's not really a porch.  It's a front door and a little bit of space around it.  I bought a cute little plant stand and some potted flowers to go beside the door.  I'm hoping to get some sort of small table and a couple of chairs to go on the other side of the door as well.  I'll try to post a picture of the total package when I get it finished.  For now, I'll just show you the wreath I made. 






It's simple, pretty, and was very easy to make.  It took me all of about 30 minutes to make.  I just bought a simple grapevine wreath, 3 artificial hydrangeas, a wooden "M", and little ribbon.  I painted the "M" the same color green as the ribbon (or pretty close, anyway) and used brown paint and a pencil eraser to paint the polka dots on.  While that was drying, I hot glued the flowers into place.  Then hot glued the "M" on and measured and cut the ribbon.  I wanted to make sure I could still see out of the peep hole, so I measured to make sure it didn't hang to low.  I tied the ribbon and voila.....a new wreath.  I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. 

I am really looking forward to doing more crafty stuff this summer. 

I also got a much needed haircut the other day.  I swear....it was getting so freaking long.  We could have made a wig out of all the hair that was cut off.  She cut lots of layers and it feels so much better.  Long hair and Georgia summers do not make a good combination.





It's still pretty long, but so much shorter than it was.  It's much easier to deal with now.


Thanks for reading.  Hope you all are having a great summer! 

Until next time...







2 comments:

  1. Love the new cut and the wreath! You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Hope you are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete