Monday, July 8, 2013

July Challenge

Hello, friends!  I hope all of you are enjoying yourselves this summer. 

Last month's challenge was NO SNACKING AFTER DINNER.  While I wasn't perfect, I can confidently say that I greatly improved on this issue.  That's what it's all about for me...making progress.  Picking myself up when I disappoint myself and getting back on track.  Learning that perfection doesn't exist and dealing with the failures that often come with aspirations. 

My challenge for July is going to be......to MOVE more!  While it's not a detailed challenge, it's still a good challenge.  Especially since I've been sitting on my butt a lot since summer started.  I've set a goal of 7,500 steps per day.  Not a whole lot, I know, but it's a start.  Especially considering I am at home all day. 

I just got an UP wristband by Jawbone and so far I really like it.  I'll put a link at the bottom of the post for anyone interested in learning what it is.  Hopefully, it will aid in motivating me to move more. 

What will you challenge yourself to do this month? 

Challenges don't have to be just physical.  Mental and emotional challenges are equally important in trying to get healthy.  Pick something you really need to work on and go with it. 

Good luck with whatever you decide to challenge yourself with this month!  You can do it! 

Until next time....

Oh, here's the link for the UP wristband....  https://jawbone.com/up

No comments:

Post a Comment