Monday, July 15, 2013

Bust a Move

I've been a busy girl the past week or so.  My son went on vacation with his Papa & Nana, so we've been child-less for last 5 days.  Thank goodness he came back today!  I was missing that boy so much!  Despite having a rough couple of days due to double ear infections, I was able to accomplish a lot. 

My goal for this month is to MOVE.  It doesn't matter why or how, I just want to move more and boy did I.  My husband and I went to Tallahassee (or Tally as we call it) on Thursday and we shopped out hearts out.  My husband was a trooper, too.  I had him taking me all over the place!  I wouldn't call myself a regular shopper....normally I hate shopping.  But, every once in a while I get the urge to change things up at my house and shop for new home decor.  This was one of those times.  I was on a mission!   I mainly wanted to get our bookcase with school supplies organized.  I wanted it to look pretty and not like a mess of books thrown every which way.  I got my organization supplies at Target, then we headed to the mall.  I forgot how big that mall was and we walked every inch of it.  So we definitely got our exercise in! 

I also wanted to spruce up our dining room.  Now, we live in a pretty small apartment, so the term "dining room" isn't really accurate.  "Dining Area" might be a better term.  It's a very small space between the living room and kitchen.  I wanted to make it look bigger and prettier.  Before, we had a couple of pictures hanging above the table and chairs and that's it.  Nothing on the table.  It was very blah. 

I found a pretty table runner and flower centerpiece at Kirkland's.  They had a huge sale and I was able to get them both pretty cheap, along with a new shower curtain and a new ceramic owl.  (I love owls!)  I also remembered seeing something cool on Pinterest with cheap full length mirrors hung horizontally on a wall.  So I picked up 3 mirrors from Walmart ($5.00 each!) and I hung them with Command strips on the "dining area" wall.  Yes, I did it myself!  My husband didn't think I could so I had to prove him wrong!  Getting them straight was not an easy task.  I love how it turned out and it really did make the area look bigger. 



                                               Close-up of the runner and centerpiece.







                                                               The total package.


The mirrors made all the difference.  It's still a really small space, but the mirrors trick the eye into thinking it's a little bigger. 

I also rearranged the house while my son was gone.  I had to do something to pass the time! 

Although I didn't do any typical workouts, I busted my booty around the house and walked my little heart out shopping.  I'm sure I burned a ton of calories.  Exercise doesn't have to be- walking on the treadmill, lifting weights, or going to the gym- it can be anything that gets us moving and sweating! 

I hope you are MOVING, as well.  Do whatever you can to get your daily burn.  Your heart will thank you :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment