Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 4

Okay, so I must confess....I ate some food today.  I couldn't handle the headaches anymore.  BUT, I did eat something healthy.  I made a vegetable salad that was so good!




Organic black beans, organic corn, fresh diced tomatoes, and diced avocados in a homemade balsamic olive oil dressing.  I think I needed some protein and healthy fats. 

I am not going to look at it as a failure.  I made it 3 days with almost nothing but fresh juice.  I am proud of myself.  I'm just adding in the micronutrient foods a little earlier than I originally planned.  If I ever decide to do a juice detox again, I'll know not to go into it cold turkey.  I think if I had changed up my diet to mostly micronutrient foods the week before, it wouldn't have been such a hard adjustment. 

I am still going to be juicing at least twice a day, though.  I would really like to have juice for breakfast, eat a healthy lunch and afternoon snack, and have juice again for dinner.  Nighttime is when I am most hungry, so I don't know if that will work but I'm going to try it.

So, now that I'm done with the "detox" part, it's time to start back adding in some exercise.  I have thought about trying to find some yoga videos that are basic (very basic) and starting with that.  I need to start slow.  So if anyone knows of a good yoga video for beginners, please let me know.

My son and I have been making tent forts today and it's time to get back in the tent and play.  I hope everyone  enjoys the rest of their week!  Make the most of it.....we're not guaranteed tomorrow. 

Peace and love to all :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment