Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Detox: Day 3

Day 3....wait, only day 3? 

Honestly, it feels like it's been much longer.

This has been hard.  The first day wasn't that bad, but yesterday was really hard and today is a hard one, too.  I still feel a little foggy and have a headache.  I think the headaches could be partly from having no caffeine.  I usually drink 4 cups of coffee a day (I know, that's A LOT!) and I haven't had coffee since Sunday. 

Yesterday, I ended up drinking 2 juice meals, eating a fresh peach for snack, and I ate some watermelon and an avocado last night.  I think it helped to actually eat some food.  It is unlikely that I will be able to detox for the whole 10 days.  I think I was a tad ambitious with that number.  This has been a lot harder than I thought it would be!  I'm thinking I may detox for another 2 days (for a total of 5 days), then starting adding in some beans and nuts.  I probably won't cut out meat completely, but I am definitely not going to be eating it everyday.

My plan is to consume a diet that is:

  • Low in saturated fat and cholesterol (animal products)
  • Moderate in whole grains, nuts, and seeds (plant foods)
  • High in vegetables, fruits, and beans (plant foods)

  • I feel like this is a healthy plan.  After all, HEALTHY is what I'm aiming for.

    So, 2 more days!  I can do it!  I can do it! 

    Until tomorrow....

    No comments:

    Post a Comment