Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Moments That Make Life Grand

First of all, sorry I haven't checked in lately.  I've been really busy and just haven't had time.  Life has been a little hectic lately, but I'm doing pretty good.  Can't complain too much.  My son's foot is much better (almost completely 100%), my leg infection is better....things are looking up. 

Now, on to the point of my post.

Do you ever have thoughts that you are under-appreciated?  Do you ever think that nobody really understands what you are going through?  Even those closest to you? 

Well, I have to admit that lately I have had some of those thoughts.  Lots of things were happening all at once and it was very chaotic for me.  I don't handle stress very well either.  My husband is the complete opposite.  Most of the time, he handles stress like a true champ.  He's my rock. 

Just as those thoughts were piling up, he went and did something so special, so awesome, and so kind. 

Friday morning, after waking up and getting ready for school to start, I go to our classroom to start preparing for the day.  I sat down to find a huge envelope sitting on my desk.  Here's what the envelope said:  For Pamela:  DO NOT OPEN until instructed to.  Very important.



Well, anyone who knows me, knows I don't like not knowing what's going on.  So, I called my hubby and I couldn't get anything out of him.  He wasn't talking and wasn't going to.  Couldn't even bribe him!  Well, he called me back around 12:00 noon and told me I could open it.  Here's what I found inside.



Well, I don't know about you, but this had me freaking out a little!  What in the world??  And it sounded so "official".  I had no idea what was going on!



This was also inside the big envelope.  6 smaller envelopes and $10 cash.  I couldn't open the first envelope until 2:10, so of course, I had all sorts of thoughts running through my head.  Is this some sort of scavenger hunt?  Am I going to have to something crazy?  And my husband really enjoyed torturing me with this.  He kept throwing in little comments like "You don't mind digging through the mud, do you?" or "You're okay with singing karaoke, right?".  So, of course I was quite freaked out!!  He had me pretty scared!

I was a good girl and did everything he asked and waited until 2:10 to open envelope 1.  Here's what it said...


Ahhh, what a relief!!  After restraining myself from correcting all the typos (LOL), I headed out.  And I must say, it was much needed.  After I finished up at the salon, I opened up envelope 2.  Here's what it said....




Are you kidding me?  This was awesome!!  This is where the cash came in.  I went by and got a Java Chip Frosty Bean (basically a Frapp) from our local coffee shop and the rest was used to tip the guy at the nail salon.  The letter says manicure, but he meant pedicure.  Men...they just don't know all these technical women terms, lol.  I have never in my life gotten the "fancy" pedicure with the exfoliating scrubs, the skin masks, the hot towel wraps, and the hot stone massage.  This was AMAZING!!!  It totally spoiled me and I never want a "regular" pedicure again! 

I got back to my car and opened up envelope 3.  Here's what it said...



By this point, I was beside myself.  I have never gotten to do all this awesome stuff in one day.  I was amazed, truly amazed.  So, I got myself a couple of new shirts and a new pair of dress pants.  MUCH NEEDED!  At this point I'm thinking, "What else could possibly be in the other envelopes!".  I paid for my new clothes (with my gift card!!) and opened up envelope 4.  Here's what it said...





Wow!  So I go home and get dressed.  My hair is looking awesome, my feet are all smooth and pretty, and I put my new clothes on.  So off we go to Tarragon Grill.  Dinner was amazing!  I had the Sausage Lasagna and Kevin had the Blackened Chicken Alfredo.  We got back in the car and I opened envelope 5.  Here's what it said...




The hair appt, pedicure, shopping, and dinner took a little longer than expected so I opted to rent a movie and go home.  We curled up on the couch and watched "The Lucky One".  After the movie was over, I opened the final envelope.  Here's what it said.


I think he meant to say "I bet you CAN figure it out from the picture below.".  I restrained from correcting it though.  Yep, he gave me a massage.  After all the wonderful things he planned for me, he gave me a massage.  He totally spoiled me!  I have to say, it was nice to feel pampered and so appreciated. 

He spent a lot of time and effort planning this for me.  I was in awe of his thoughtfulness.  Needless to say, I feel SO appreciated and loved.  Truly blessed.  I've always known that he appreciates me, but it's really nice having something so special planned for me as a reminder.  We all need reminding every once in a while that we are special and appreciated.  This is probably one of the sweetest things he has ever done for me and I will always remember it.

Anyway, just thought this was worth sharing. 

Until next time...





2 comments:

  1. OMG, what an amazing husband!! I am so glad he did this for you, Pamela. We all need to know we are appreciated. Thanks for sharing this. It's good to know that there are good men left in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura. I am truly blessed :)

    ReplyDelete