Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Fall Y'all :)

Well, hello there peeps :)

October is here and I just LOVE this time of year.  You want to know why?


Yep, it's the pumpkins.  These babies are my Autumn crack.  I can't get enough of them.  Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin.  It's the season of ghosts and goblins, trick or treating, candied apples, candy corn, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, and my personal favorite.....Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  And you know what?  I'm going to enjoy every minute of it :)

Besides Christmas, this is my favorite time of year.  Ahh, the smell of Fall air is intoxicating.  (Well, I don't quite smell it yet, but I am waiting in excitement.)  Bonfires, hay rides, Fall festivals, Pumpkin Spice Lattes (yeah, I know I said that already but I don't care.), hot cocoa, roasting marshmallows, watching cheesy Halloween cartoons with my son.....it's awesome. 

So, in honor of "Pumpkin Season", I thought I'd share my Pumpkin Chili recipe.  It sounds kind of strange, but it's soooooo good.


PUMPKIN CHILI

2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped red bell peppers
1 clove garlic
1 pound ground turkey
2 (14.5 ounce) cans canned peeled and diced tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® Pumpkin Pie**
1 (15 ounce) can canned tomato sauce
1 (15.25 ounce) can canned kidney beans, drained
1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
1/2 cup whole kernel corn
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

HEAT olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add turkey; cook until browned. Drain.

ADD tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, tomato sauce, beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.


**If you don't want to use pumpkin pie mix, you can just use 100% pure pumpkin puree and add a little brown sugar and cinnamon.  I've done it both ways and they are both good.

MY SUGGESTION, EAT THE NEXT DAY......... YUMMY !!!!

So, Happy Fall Ya'll.  Now, go get a Pumpkin Spice Latte and enjoy this "Pumpkin Season"!  What are you waiting for.....GO!!!  =) 


Psss....I haven't fogotten about my monthly challenge.  New post coming soon on my October Challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment